Thursday 2 July 2009

Encounters: Chapter One

OK. So like I said a few days ago on Araken's blog, I've been one of many witnesses to something A) simply amazing and B) something none of us ever thought we'd encounter.

I was out late Saturday night like I usually am, hanging out at a friend's house with about six or seven others. About 1:30 that morning (like I said, I stay out LATE), I received a text message from a good friend of mine saying that they needed prayer, his house was under serious attack. I don't remember the first thing that came to mind, but I did text him back asking what exactly was happening. His reply was this: 'A close personal friend is possessed in my living room.'

Surprised? Yeah. So was I.

So that night I carried on as usual, getting home around 2:30 3:00 in the morning. The next day was a little bit odd, just cuz everyone was tired. I wound up again where I had been the night before for a couple hours, then got an invite over to my other friend's house (the house where the proceedings had been taking place). Actually, two of my friends lived there at the time, three now, but that's beside the point.

So that day we went out of town to look at knives at the House of Knives (great place...hehe) and grab dinner.

I don't think it was an hour after we'd gotten back to the house that we all heard screaming from upstairs. No. Not screaming. Bloodcurdling shrieking. And my friend's Dad yelling at SOMETHING to leave, now, now, NOW!

For another half hour, we sat where we were in the basement praying. A little while later found us all upstairs, praying and telling demons to leave.

I asked this question in my last post, how many people have read the Forbidden Doors series? Because what is described in those books is EXACTLY what happened Sunday night.

What happened over the next two hours is quite nearly impossible to describe. A room full of about 12 people sitting or standing in a circle around a person who is writhing on the floor, being held down by five people, the demon inside her screaming out for water and begging not to be sent back to hell. Actually, that was every demon. There were over 20 demons inside this person, and each has to come out one by one.

Then something I did NOT expect happened: another person began to convulse and shake like the first person. She got one as well. That one took about fifteen minutes to purge, and the one we were dealing with in the first person couldn't be cast out until every person in that room was 'clean', as in, no outstanding sins, unforgiveness, anything. In fact a couple of people that night were cleaned.

The demon we were dealing with most of that night, like every other, (that night there were four or five, I was only present for two) had a name: Violence. The other's that night were Anger, Control, and a couple other's the names of which escape me now. Violence was a brutal pain to get out. It did not want to leave, kept screaming for water. Once, when noone was holding her down, the person with Violence inside her began to crawl to the kitchen. "What are you doing?" we asked.

"Water!" was the only reply; it sounded like someone was dying of thirst, the voice said it like..like it hadn't drunk for days. It pretty much gasped the word.

A little bit before that, another ... 'interesting' thing happened: The person began to go to the washroom to fix her shirt, BUT!, only made it to the doorway when the demon began to shriek again. Apparently, demons don't like seeing themselves in the mirror. It scares them.

Anyway, that night everything went well eventually. Violence was purged, sent back to hell, my friend's Dad who was standing over her most of that night yelling at the demons physically pulled the demon out of her mouth. It wasn't quite visible, but every time he grabbed hold and pulled the demon screamed, until it was out. A rather large round of applause broke the air, and every one sat back and just ... rested. The night was finally over.

***

I didn't sleep that night. Actually, I slept. But I didnt' rest. My mind replayed the events of that night over and over again; it was the first time I had ever witnessed or taken part in a spiritual battle. So I woke up that morning absolutely bagged, but I couldn't sleep longer than about 9:30 (I tend to sleep in..I don't start work till three in the afternoon). I couldn't stand to be in the dark, it was as if SOMETHING were there, watching, waiting.

And we'll probably be back at it again tonight. It all started Sunday morning, a little after midnight. Nearly a week later, we're still not done. God most certainly has something in store for us. I don't know what, but I do know that this has made us all closer together. We are all growing in our faith, and there is no longer ANY question whatsoever of what and who God is and that he exists. Not that I had any doubts, but...This was definitely an eye-opener.

Anyway, that's all for now. I'll post as more happens.



----Mike----

5 comments:

Araken said...

Make sure that you seal the person with the blood of Jesus to keep the demons from re-entering the person. (Mat 12:43-45)

Mike said...

I think they person that was doing most of the shouting at the demons (there were close to 30 of them) did that. I'm not sure, I don't remember a whole lot of it anymore, and I wasn't there for the final session.

Kendra Logan said...

That is...very, very creepy. Hopefully it won't happen again...

Glad you all are strong in the Holy Spirit and were able to handle things!

~Kendra

Kendra Logan said...

You've been tagged!

~Kendra

Natalie said...

I've been through an experience similar to it. Only not so epic. It had happen after we were talking to this man who was a practicing hindu. All I can say is that it totally took us off guard and shook us quite a bit! It's great that you're actually talking about instances like this.